Viking cooktops are known for their high quality and exceptional performance, but even the most reliable appliances can encounter problems over time. Whether it’s a faulty burner, defective ignition switch, or another issue, a broken Viking cooktop can be a major hassle.
But the question is, should you attempt to fix it yourself or call a professional technician?
In this blog, we’ll explore the pros and cons of DIY Viking cooktop repair and help you determine when to do Viking Cooktop Repair yourself and when to call a pro. And when you need a professional Viking cooktop repair, we have helpful tips you can consider.
So, let’s dive in and discover whether DIY repair is the right choice for you!
When to DIY
When you have a defective Viking cooktop, it’s important to sort out the problem you are dealing with and whether you can handle its repair. Here are some situations where you can do the Viking cooktop repairs yourself:
1. Surface Burner Not Lighting
If the surface burner on your Viking cooktop is not lighting, the problem may be a clogged burner port. To fix this issue, remove the burner cap and use a needle or toothpick to clean the port. If this doesn’t work, you may have to replace the burner cap or the spark module.
2. Cooktop is Not Heating
If your Viking cooktop isn’t heating, check if the circuit breaker has tripped. If the circuit breaker is fine, then the issue may be with the surface element, infinite switch, or wiring.
You can troubleshoot these components using a multimeter or visually inspect the wiring. If you have experience with electrical work, you may be able to replace the faulty component yourself. Otherwise, it’s best to get a professional cooktop repair.
3. Gas Burner Not Lighting
If the gas burner on your Viking cooktop isn’t lighting, the problem may be a clogged burner orifice or a faulty igniter. You can clean the burner orifice using a needle or toothpick. If cleaning the orifice doesn’t work, then you may need to replace the igniter.
When to Call a Pro
While some cooktop repairs are easy to handle on your own, others need expertise and experience from a professional. Here are situations when you need to call a pro for a Viking cooktop repair service.
1. Electrical Issues
If you suspect an issue with your Viking cooktop’s electrical components, it’s best to call a professional. Working with electricity can be dangerous, and unless you have experience with electrical work, you may end up causing more harm than good.
2. Gas Leaks
If you smell gas, it’s important to call a professional immediately. Gas leakage can be very dangerous and potentially life-threatening. A professional can locate the source of the leak and repair it safely, wearing safety gear and following proper safety procedures.
3. Complex Repairs
If you’re not comfortable with the complexity of the repair or lack the necessary tools and genuine Viking cooktop parts, it’s best to call a professional. Attempting to repair a complex issue yourself can result in further damage to your cooktop and end up costing you more money.
Ultimately, repairing your Viking cooktop should be left to the expert hands of professional technicians. They have the knowledge, experience, and tools to identify the real issue and provide the most appropriate solution.
Additionally, professional services ensure authentic and compatible parts sourced from legitimate manufacturers.
Tips for Finding a Professional Viking Cooktop Repair
If your Viking cooktop requires repair, it’s important to find a professional repair service to fix the issue quickly and effectively. Here are five tips to guide you in finding the right Viking cooktop repair service:
- Look for experience: When choosing a repair service, it’s important to find one with extensive experience repairing Viking cooktops. Look for a service with several years of experience in the business and a proven track record of successfully repairing cooktops.
- Check for certifications: Make sure the Viking cooktop service you choose is certified by Viking or other industry organizations. This ensures they have the necessary training and expertise to repair your cooktop.
- Consider their availability: Look for a repair service that can provide prompt service, especially if you rely on your cooktop for daily use. Service with a quick turnaround time can help minimize downtime and get your cooktop up and running again as soon as possible.
- Read reviews and ratings: Check online reviews and ratings to see what other customers say about the repair service. This can help you gauge their reliability, customer service, and quality of work.
- Ask about warranties and guarantees: A good repair service typically offers warranties or guarantees that give you peace of mind that your cooktop is in good hands.
Considering these factors, you should be able to find a professional Viking cooktop repair service that meets your needs and provides high-quality, reliable service.
If you have not found a service provider to help professionally maintain your Viking cooktop, then Viking Appliance Repairs is here for you. We will ensure that your cooktop works as efficiently as possible by troubleshooting and resolving issues effectively.
We are a team of licensed, skilled, and experienced professionals. So, you can guarantee that we know what to do and what’s best for your appliance.
Want to schedule a service? Just contact us at (855) 393-3634, and we will arrange the most suitable appointment for you.